Monday, February 1, 2016

Jan 2016 Portfolio


Entering 2016, STI was greeted by a big bang, downwards that is. Yes, the market plunge down deep and managed to recover by a bit near to the month end of Jan 2016. My portfolio was dragged down by at least 5% just by this month alone. It was painful and like watching the market keep going down with no U-turning. Jan is an important month of a year and usually set the tone for the year. Looks like its depressing for the rest of the year.

This month I added ST Engineering into my portfolio.
STE was rather resilient and a defensive stock. I should expect market to go lower abit and hopefully buying into defensive stocks will help cushioned the bearish market. I will continue to buy into the market. This time will be focusing more on the blue chips since its rare for them to be available at the current price level.

STI vs my portfolio

My portfolio is still hovering in the negative region :( but good news is that I beat STI at least a consolation prize :)

PeriodSTIMy Portfolio (Realised)Verdict
Jan 2016-20.78%-15.15% I win

Total 21 stocks in portfolio



Dividend
This month I received dividends from Ascendas Reit.



Checkout my Dividend history

Dividend Stock Tracker
I keep track of good SGX dividend stocks such as 10 years consistent SGX dividend stocks, REITs, Business Trusts, etc with real time information update. Checkout the link below:
Checkout my Dividend Tracker

6 comments:

  1. Nice, I have ST Eng in my portfolio too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am trying to do up a similar tracking portfolio to determine my returns vs the STI returns.

    In your analysis above, you mentioned that the STI was down -20.78% in the month of January. May I know how is this value derived? Is it based on the average returns over the month (i.e. daily returns averaged out) or is it based on the price of the first and last day of January?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its good to track your portfolio so that you know that whats working for you and whats not.

      i started tracking STI and my portfolio on Oct 2014. so thats the start point

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your reply.

      Delete