Sunday, July 3, 2016

Jun 2016 Portfolio

This month we are all blessed to witness the greatest history of our time ie Brexit! At least our generation witnessed this event and will live to tell our tales. I am more of a Brexit guy and support those British who voted for this. Britain is one of the richest nation in EU. So EU was very anxious esp Germany to make Britain stay in EU. But EU was plagued by many poorer nations such as Greece, Spain, etc. And because of the easy travel access among the EU, many people from these countries flooded into Britain looking for jobs at lower wages. This caused the British to lose their jobs and there's also a lot of social problems. I believe in the longer term, Britain would perform better when they are out of EU. However, stock reacted negatively when Brexit and fell to lows. I was waiting to pick up more shares after the BRexit but market quickly rallies for a few days, thus making me no chance to buy anything from the market for the last few days of Jun. Guess there will be buying opportunities in Jul. Have no fear :)

STI vs my portfolio

My portfolio is still hovering in the negative region :( but good news is that I beat STI at least a consolation prize :)

PeriodSTIMy Portfolio (Realised)Verdict
Jan 2016-20.78%-15.15% I win
Feb 2016-18.98%-12.11% I win
Mar 2016-13%-8.28% I win
Apr 2016-13.55%-6.50% I win
May 2016-14.46%-6.27% I win
Jun 2016-12.95%-5.18% I win

Total 22 stocks in portfolio



This month I received dividends from a few companies :)



Checkout my Dividend history

Dividend Stock Tracker
I keep track of good SGX dividend stocks such as 10 years consistent SGX dividend stocks, REITs, Business Trusts, etc with real time information update. Checkout the link below:
Checkout my Dividend Tracker

No comments:

Post a Comment